Sunday, August 7, 2011

Damn. I feel old!

So Friday didn't go as planned. Still hurting from Wednesday's step aerobics class, I wimped out. My brain kept rationalizing: "You don't want to feel tortured by exercise." I did some moving at home by cleaning up and dancing, but nothing like I'd push at the gym.

I invited a friend to Saturday's yoga class. That would at least guarantee going even if my body was asking to be spared AGAIN. Seriously, these dull aches are making me feel old. Never did it take so long for my body to recover when I started exercising all those other times. Pushing 40 and being out of shape stinks.

Sure enough, my calves and arms were still a bit sore Saturday, but I HAD to make it to yoga. OMG, was I sweating! Anyone who says yoga is easy is crazy. And after, I decided to take that insane step class again but said no to the strength class. I wanted to able to move some on Sunday. Three hours of exercise would guarantee a day on the couch.

My legs are again screaming at me, as are my chest and abs. I'm glad they keep saying hello. Now get firm and stop hurting already! At least I can move, but I hope my body feels better Monday morning. I really want to keep exercising.

Sunday is my designated rest day. Doesn't mean I have to. It's just the day I won't put exercise down as a "thing to do." It's like a cheat day in a diet. You don't have to eat bad, but you're allowed to eat that cake if you want. Since I was hurting this time, I didn't go to the gym. Maybe next Sunday I will.

Well, here's hoping for a week of feeling a little less pain (and a little less old) after exercising.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment