Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 3: Feeling a bit lazy and guilty

I'm blaming it on my old body and the humidity. Today I didn't get sweaty exercising, as promised. I did move about cleaning house and picked up some hand weights for a few arm-toning exercises. That lasted maybe 10 minutes, not exactly what I had planned.

But yesterday didn't turn out as planned either. I thought that I would be taking yoga, stretching my muscles out after a tough day of pilates and cardio. No, no, no. My son happened to be running late for school because he didn't print out some homework the night before. Of course there would be a glitch. The 10-minute delay meant I didn't get into the yoga class. Step aerobics, however, was starting in 7 minutes next door.

I was drenched in sweat after. As for the strength class, I opted to do a few weights in the open gym instead of another hour class. Too tired!

Today my legs are screaming at me, just as my abs are feeling better. So I decided to be lazy and not go to cycling tonight. I feel a bit guilty about it, like I'm letting myself down. But am I? I'm going back tomorrow for yoga and cardio sculpt. I probably won't be in as much pain, either.

I know my body appreciates a little rest. I just need to make sure I get myself to the gym in the morning. No excuses.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment